Home  D.I.Y.  Food  Music  Illustration  Contact


0 To find when you are not looking for

von Unknown, am 9:36 PM,
Hey there!
Today the topic I decided to share with you was music. I am crazy about music, and who isn't, right? I think music can touch our emotions, memories, feelings in a way anything else can. Music has a really special meaning for me because it helped me get through difficult phases of my life, it was there for me when no one else was, but this is not a dramatic post about life problems, don't worry. This post is about an amazing dicovery I made these days. There are always songs on my mind and this week "You're the One That I Want" by the famous musical Grease (1978) was the "song of the time", the music is one of my favorites of the soundtrack, by the way. So I went on youtube to hear the song and after listen to it I decided I wanted to hear the same song but in a different version, I always use to look for covers of songs I really like, which is also a great way to discover amazing new bands. And sometimes, the covers happens to be more nice than the original version itself, but that's a topic for another post. Long story short, I ended up finding this amazing cover by Sacha Page:



It really amazed me, i don't know exactly why, maybe it was his echanting voice or perhaps the guitar riffs that added a simple and charming atmosphere to the video that is also simple but really charming. Anyway, I also don't want to find out because then it may loose it's magic. 
Unfortunatelly there is not much about him or his work on the internet, aparently. But I could find his myspace with a few songs and if you liked and wants to listen more, just type his name on youtube and you will see another (awesome) covers like "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor or "Heart In a Cage" by The Strokes and songs of his own as well. I hope you all enjoy it. 
Have a nice day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olá!
Hoje, o tema que eu resolvi compartilhar com vocês é música. Eu sou louca por música, e quem não é, né? Eu acho que a música pode tocar nossas emoções, memórias, sentimentos de uma maneira nada pode. A música tem um significado muito especial para mim, porque ela me ajudou a passar por fases difíceis da minha vida, ela estava lá por mim quando não havia mais ninguém, mas isso não é um post dramático sobre os problemas da vida, não se preocupe. Este post é sobre uma desoberta incrível que eu fiz esses dias. Há sempre alguma música em minha mente, e esta semana "You Are the One That I Want" do famoso musical Grease (1978) foi a "música da vez", uma das minhas favoritas da trilha sonora, à propósito. Então eu fui no youtube para ouvir a música e depois de ouvi-la, decidi que eu queria ouvir a mesma música, mas em uma versão diferente, eu costumo sempre procurar covers de músicas que eu gosto muito, o que também é uma ótima maneira de descobrir novas bandas incríveis. E algumas vezes, o cover passa a ser mais agradável do que a versão original, mas isso é assunto para outro post. Longa história curta, acabei encontrando este cover incrível por Sacha Page.
Realmente me surpreendeu, eu não sei exatamente o porquê, talvez tenha sido a sua voz encantadora ou, talvez, os riffs de violão que acrescentou uma atmosfera simples e charmosa ao vídeo, que também é simples, mas muito charmoso. De qualquer forma, eu também não quero saber, porque então ele pode perder sua magia.
Infelizmente não há muito sobre ele ou o trabalho dele na internet, aparentemente. Mas eu pude encontrar o seu myspace com algumas músicas e se você gostou e quer   ouvir mais, basta digitar o nome dele no youtube e você verá outros (incríveis) covers como "I Will Survive" de Gloria Gaynor ou "Heart In a Cage " dos The Strokes e algumas canções autorais também. Espero que todos vocês gostem.
Tenham um bom dia!



0 comments:

Post a Comment